Daily Word for Thursday, April 23, 2015
1 Samuel 25:24b [She fell at his feet and said, “I accept all blame in this matter, my lord. Please listen to what I have to say.]
Our submission to God qualifies us for leadership. Christ’s last word to the church, before His ascension, was not to ‘sit’ but ‘go.’
By His own purpose, plan and power, God has made us His leaders and has given each of us the measure of faith we need to successfully carry out our mission. Galatians 6:5 admonishes us to carry our own load.
We won’t get everything right. God is aware of every detail of our lives. Consider the following 3 observations as you move forward in leading, taking charge and accepting responsibility:
- You’ve got to acknowledge your failure to own your success.
- Note Paul’s attitude in 1 Timothy 1:15 [This is a trustworthy saying, and everyone should accept it: “Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners”—and I am the worst of them all.]
- Have a divinely inspired word your challenge can’t resist.
- It will consume your challenge.
Jeremiah 5:14 [Therefore thus says the Lord God of hosts: “Because you speak this word, behold, I will make My words in your mouth fire, and this people wood, and it shall devour them.]
- God’s word has great impact.
Hebrews 4:12 [For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.]
- Watch God turn your weeping into singing.
Psalm 126:6 [They weep as they go to plant their seed but they sing as they return with the harvest.]
Dear friend, don’t wait. Start singing now!