Daily Word for Wednesday, June 3, 2015
It is almost inconceivable that we would not view our God as a God of war. In fact, the only way possible to think that way of Him is to have not read the Bible. The Bible is replete with examples of God warring and winning on behalf of His children.
What parent wouldn’t fight for their children in a number of ways; the Bible clearly establishes God as One who will fight for you.
1. He fights and we hold our peace.
Exodus 14:14 – The LORD will fight for you, and you shall hold your peace.
2. He goes before us and confuses our enemies.
Exodus 23:27 – I will send My fear before you, I will cause confusion among all the people to whom you come, and will make all your enemies turn their backs to you.
3. He gives us proper perspective and helps in our battles.
2 Chronicles 32:8 – With him is an arm of flesh; but with us is the LORD our God, to help us and to fight our battles. And the people were strengthened by the words of Hezekiah king of Judah.
4. He causes our enemies to stop their pursuit of us.
Genesis 35:5 – And they journeyed, and the terror of God was upon the cities that were all around them, and they did not pursue the sons of Jacob.
5. He places His Presence between us and our enemies and enables us to see what appears to be darkness to them.
Exodus 14:20 – So it came between the camp of the Egyptians and the camp of Israel. Thus it was a cloud and darkness to the one, and it gave light by night to the other, so that the one did not come near the other all that night.
6. He sends His angels to protect us from that which devours.
Daniel 6:22 – My God sent His angel and shut the lions’ mouths, so that they have not hurt me, because I was found innocent before Him; and also, O king, I have done no wrong before you.