Daily Word for Wednesday, July 22, 2015
Friend, as you are confronted with any number of issues in your day to day life, I want to offer for your consideration some rules for engaging the enemy on the battlefield of life.
As you think through these ideals, do so knowing you have already won in Christ. Even though you may be troubled on every side, the Spirit of God in you is greater than anything confronting you.
I Corinthians 10:13 gives us resources in our arsenal of weapons that destroy the enemy’s strategy related to our lives.
I Corinthians 10:13 – No temptation has overtaken you except such as is common to man; but God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will also make the way of escape, that you may be able to bear it.
1. Maintain proper perspective in your challenge.
“No temptation has overtaken you except such as is common to man.”
• While your challenge may seem larger than life, God, through His Word, has assured you it’s not; it simply “is common to man.”
2. Know that your victory is built on the foundation of God’s faithfulness.
“But God is faithful…”
• God does what He says He will do.
• Anyone who has ever tried Him has to say, He’s never failed them.
3. He knows precisely how much you can take.
“…who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able.”
• God knows your capacity and is your strength in weakness.
4. God has and is your way out.
“But with the temptation will also make the way of escape….”
• Trust God to the degree that you begin to confess your escape before you are actually out.
• Say it now, “I’m coming out in Jesus’ name.”
5. You are going to make it and God will get you through.
“…that you may be able to bear it.”
• Your victory is intact.
Meditate on these five principles and ask God to help you employ them in your life.
Peace and blessings!