Daily Word for Monday, August 31, 2015
Luke 22:31-34 – “Simon, Simon, Satan has asked to sift each of you like wheat. 32 But I have pleaded in prayer for you, Simon, that your faith should not fail. So when you have repented and turned to me again, strengthen your brothers.” 33 Peter said, “Lord, I am ready to go to prison with you, and even to die with you.” 34 But Jesus said, “Peter, let me tell you something. Before the rooster crows tomorrow morning, you will deny three times that you even know me.”
The veracity or efficacy of a prayer is largely influenced by the person praying.
Before we focus on what Jesus said, let’s look at who He is:
• He is the helpless baby, born in a manger, but who spoke, spinning worlds into being.
• He is the infant who threatened the king and as a boy, He confused scholars; as a man, He quieted the waters and made the angry storm be still. He caused the seas to be hushed at His command.
• He is the One to whom belong all the unsearchable riches of Glory.
• He is the One who heals all manner of diseases through His ‘Affordable Care Act.’
• He is the first and the last; the beginning and the end.
• He is the Rose of Sharon; the Captain of Jehovah’s hosts.
• He is the keeper of creation; the creator of all things; the Lord of history; the ancient of days.
• He is God who when I am hungry, He feeds me.
• When I am lost, He is the way; He is my truth.
• When I am hurt, He heals me; when I am weak, He is my strength.
• When I fail, He forgives me; when I fall, He lifts me.
• When I am afraid, He is my courage; when I face problems, He folds His arms around me.
Because of who Jesus is, He is able to:
• Turn water into wine – John 2:9
• Cleanse the lepers – Luke 5:12
• Heal the paralyzed man – Luke 5:17
• Raise the widow’s son – Luke 7:11
• Open the blinded eyes – John 9
• Walk on water – Matthew 14:25
• Become our resurrection and life – Luke 24
Now that you know who Jesus is, whatever you ask in His name, believe that you have received it; John 14:13-14 [And whatever you ask in My name, that I will do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. 14 If you ask anything in My name, I will do it].
Peace and blessings!