Manna For Today: Wednesday, October 14, 2015
Today’s scripture reading: Proverbs 10
Proverbs 10 provides for us thirty two (32) admonitions that are of great value to those who love wisdom and desire to be loved by wisdom.
In this Manna For Today, we will focus on ten (10) of them; out of the ten, pray about three that speak to your heart in a special way today.
1. Proverbs 10:3 – The LORD will not allow the righteous soul to famish, but He casts away the desire of the wicked.
• Sometimes we may find ourselves doubting what God said He would do while attempting to do what God said He wouldn’t.
2. Proverbs 10:6 – Blessings are on the head of the righteous, but violence covers the mouth of the wicked.
• Never be ashamed of God’s blessings in your life. Pray for discernment in all your conversations.
3. Proverbs 10:9 – He who walks with integrity walks securely, but he who perverts his ways will become known.
• There is safety in Godly counsel. Integrity enables us to follow it and avoid wrong paths.
4. Proverbs 10:11 – The mouth of the righteous is a well of life, but violence covers the mouth of the wicked.
• Choose to speak life daily; in doing so we live and save lives.
5. Proverbs 10:13 – Wisdom is found on the lips of him who has understanding, but a rod is for the back of him who is devoid of understanding.
• In the end, those who embrace nonsensical things will also have endured the result of doing the same. Seek the words of the wise and live.
6. Proverbs 10:16 – The labor of the righteous leads to life, the wages of the wicked to sin.
• It is not the amount of money you make but how you manage the money you have that determines your quality of life. Save what you could squander and live.
7. Proverbs 10:20 – The tongue of the righteous is choice silver; the heart of the wicked is worth little.
• People are an investment; make sure you know what you are investing in.
8. Proverbs 10:22 – The blessing of the LORD makes one rich, and He adds no sorrow with it.
• Know the source of what you think is a blessing!
9. Proverbs 10:24 – The fear of the wicked will come upon him, and the desire of the righteous will be granted.
• A confident and favorable expectation is a way of life for a believer. Fear is never from our camp.
10. Proverbs 10:29 – The way of the LORD is strength for the upright, but destruction will come to the workers of iniquity.
• Find your place of safety in your God through walking in integrity.
Peace and blessings!