Manna For Today: Thursday, October 15, 2015
Today’s scripture reading: Proverbs 11
1. Proverbs 11:1 – Dishonest scales are an abomination to the LORD, but a just weight is His delight.
• Balance is akin to fairness which will delight God. Practice fairness in all your interactions.
2. Proverbs 11:4 – Riches do not profit in the day of wrath, but righteousness delivers from death.
• In that we know there are two appointments we must keep, death and judgment. Strive to live in such a way that you’ll be at ease in both meetings.
3. Proverbs 11:6 – The righteousness of the upright will deliver them, but the unfaithful will be caught by their lust.
• The choice is yours. Rescue or trap; what’s your pleasure?
4. Proverbs 11:9 – The hypocrite with his mouth destroys his neighbor, but through knowledge the righteous will be delivered.
• Knowledge will always speak life so live.
5. Proverbs 11:13 – A talebearer reveals secrets, but he who is of a faithful spirit conceals a matter.
• Those unable to keep confidence will often lack the same.
6. Proverbs 11:14 – Where there is no counsel, the people fall; but in the multitude of counselors there is safety.
• Everyone should have their own personal advisory board made up of people willing to walk through life with you.
7. Proverbs 11:17 – The merciful man does good for his own soul, but he who is cruel troubles his own flesh.
• Choosing kindness over cruelty is choosing reward over destruction. What’s your choice today?
8. Proverbs 11:19 – As righteousness leads to life, so he who pursues evil pursues it to his own death.
• Your motivation in your pursuit determines what you will find.
9. Proverbs 11:25 – The generous soul will be made rich, and he who waters will also be watered himself.
• Become a fountain of refreshing water through the spring of your generosity.
10. Proverbs 11:30 – The fruit of the righteous is a tree of life, and he who wins souls is wise.
• We are growing something right now. Pray your seed is a tree and not weed.
Peace and blessing!