Manna For Today: Sunday, October 18, 2015
Today’s scripture reading: Proverbs 14
Today, think about these verses in Proverbs 14 and allow your Father to guide you in making adjustments in your walk with Him and people.
Embracing wisdom is accepting its instruction and employing it in our practice of living.
1. Proverbs 14:1 – The wise woman builds her house, but the foolish pulls it down with her hands.
• We choose construction or demolition in every aspect of our lives; decisions based on wisdom builds, neglect of the same demolishes.
2. Proverbs 14:3 – In the mouth of a fool is a rod of pride, but the lips of the wise will preserve them.
• Speak wisely and remain safe, be motivated by pride and suffer many stripes.
3. Proverbs 14:4 – Where no oxen are, the trough is clean; but much increase comes by the strength of an ox.
• To reap the benefits of progress one must be prepared to endure its less appealing reality.
4. Proverbs 14:7 – Go from the presence of a foolish man, when you do not perceive in him the lips of knowledge.
• While the unwise cannot be controlled, time with them can.
5. Proverbs 14:9 – Fools mock at sin, but among the upright there is favor.
• Guilt is the voice of our conscience which will only speak truth; listen and immediately make the needed adjustment.
6. Proverbs 14:26 – In the fear of the LORD there is strong confidence, and His children will have a place of refuge.
• The reverence we give God today will be comfort, relief, help and hope for our children tomorrow.
7. Proverbs 14:27 – The fear of the LORD is a fountain of life, to turn one away from the snares of death.
• The pursuit of God is our refreshing and protection.
8. Proverbs 14:30 – A sound heart is life to the body, but envy is rottenness to the bones.
• The engine of our life is driven by the condition of our heart.
9. Proverbs 14:31 – He who oppresses the poor reproaches his Maker, but he who honors Him has mercy on the needy.
• Oppression of any kind is never a God-idea. We only take advantage when we deceive ourselves into thinking we have one.
10. Proverbs 14:33 – Wisdom rests in the heart of him who has understanding, but what is in the heart of fools is made known.
• Wisdom will always be found where more folks resist going.
Peace and blessings!