Manna For Today: Monday, October 26, 2015
Today’s scripture reading: Proverbs 22
1. Proverbs 22:1 – Choose a good reputation over great riches; being held in high esteem is better than silver or gold.
• A good reputation is built on those things you do when no one is looking.
2. Proverbs 22:3 – A prudent person foresees danger and takes precautions. The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.
• Divine wisdom gives insight to the real nature of things including outcome or result prior to it happening.
3. Proverbs 22:6 – Direct your children onto the right path, and when they are older, they will not leave it.
• The opportunity to train our children is a gift given by the One who enables us to become parents. Future generations will enjoy its benefits.
4. Proverbs 22:7 – Just as the rich rule the poor, so the borrower is servant to the lender.
• Work diligently to become unencumbered by debt. As much as possible follow God’s rule of owing no man but to love Him.
5. Proverbs 22:11 – Whoever loves a pure heart and gracious speech will have the king as a friend.
• Grace and purity are attributes with great appeal. Ask God to help you nurture them in your daily life.
6. Proverbs 22:17 – Listen to the words of the wise; apply your heart to my instruction.
• What we hear most becomes our standard for living. You can stack the deck against failure by frequently listening to the voice of wisdom.
7. Proverbs 22:22-23 – Don’t rob the poor just because you can, or exploit the needy in court. 23 For the LORD is their defender. He will ruin anyone who ruins them.
• Taking advantage of people results from seeking advantage in the first place. Remember everything we do is a seed that will bring us a harvest that is greater than what we have sown.
8. Proverbs 22:24-25 – Don’t befriend angry people or associate with hot-tempered people, 25 or you will learn to be like them and endanger your soul.
• If you want to know what you are becoming, look at who you are associating with.
Peace and blessings!