Manna For Today: Tuesday, November 3, 2015
1. It’s grounded in a Divine covenant with God and mankind.
II Kings 17:38 – Do not forget the covenant I made with you, and do not worship other gods.
• Never forget it; never fear because of it.
2. It sustains you in battle.
Nehemiah 4:14 – Then as I looked over the situation, I called together the nobles and the rest of the people and said to them, “Don’t be afraid of the enemy! Remember the Lord, who is great and glorious, and fight for your brothers, your sons, your daughters, your wives, and your homes!”
• Designed for the battles of life.
3. In the night seasons.
Psalm 63:6 – I lie awake thinking of you, meditating on you through the night.
• Take your mind at end of your day and command your thoughts to remember the Lord.
4. Early in life.
Ecclesiastes 12:1 – Don’t let the excitement of youth cause you to forget your Creator. Honor him in your youth before you grow old and say, “Life is not pleasant anymore.”
• Practice in your youth what will sustain you in your maturity.
5. In time of trouble.
Jonah 2:7 – As my life was slipping away, I remembered the LORD. And my earnest prayer went out to you in your holy Temple.
• At my lowest ebb I can turn to the Lord and receive help!
6. When away from home.
Zechariah 10:9 – Though I have scattered them like seeds among the nations, they will still remember me in distant lands. They and their children will survive and return again to Israel.
• Remember wherever you go you take your covenant relationship with you.
• Remember to remember your God.
Peace and blessings!