Manna For Today: Monday, November 9, 2015
Among the many reasons we can have confidence in our victory in Christ is that God has finished our lives before He began them. An architectural drawing details out the building in completion before the actual work is done to construct it. The plans are a sign of what is to come.
Seeing the plans reveals the capacity. Show me God’s Plan for you and I will show you what you can take. Tell me what God has brought you through and I will tell you where you can go.
• Show me your scars and I will show you His Grace.
• Show me your problems and I will show you His Plan.
• Show me your pain and I will show you His Purpose.
Hebrews 11:10 says, “Abraham was confidently looking forward to a city with eternal foundations, a city designed and built by God.”
Abraham knew God’s Plan and Purpose and therefore anticipated seeing what was not visible at the time.
II Corinthians 5:11 says, “Because we understand our fearful responsibility to the Lord, we work hard to persuade others. God knows we are sincere, and I hope you know this, too.”
God designed our building from start to finish. He knows all the detail and uses it must undergo.
Jeremiah 29:11 – “For I know the plans I have for you,” says the LORD. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.”
I Corinthians 10:13 – The temptations in your life are no different from what others experience. And God is faithful. He will not allow the temptation to be more than you can stand. When you are tempted, he will show you a way out so that you can endure.
There is a sense in which all that is left for us to do is to live out God’s Plan and Purpose for our lives. The question becomes, how do I begin to do that?
1. Connect with God at increasingly deeper levels.
• Read God’s Word
2. Connect with other believers; live your life in community with others.
• Small groups focused on God’s answers to life’s questions.
3. Connect with those who are not connected with God.
• Wherever you are, they are there. Let your light shine!
Wake up every morning, look at yourself in the mirror and know that because of Jesus, you are looking at a winner!
Peace and blessings!