Manna For Today: Tuesday, November 24, 2015
Matthew 11:12 – And from the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffers violence, and the violent take it by force.
Have you noticed that everything that is good and right involves a struggle or fight for it? People have always had to fight for what’s right. Wrong has always been quicker, easier and cheaper but good and right are slower, more difficult and costly.
1. Abraham fought for Lot, his family and friends.
2. Joseph fought for his life then for Egypt and his own family.
3. Joshua fought to possess the Promised Land.
4. Gideon fought to free his people from bondage.
5. Samson fought the Philistines’ rule and control.
6. David fought to protect sheep then to protect the people of God and to lead God’s people.
7. Nehemiah fought to rebuild the city of Jerusalem and God’s temple.
8. Paul fought attempts on his life and religious spirits to bring the good news of the New Testament to the Gentiles.
9. Jesus fought religion, demons, Satan and some of His own disciples to provide us eternal salvation.
10. Theologian Martin Luther fought the tradition of men to bring us faith.
11. Martin Luther King, Jr. fought to bring another level of righteousness to the United States of America and the world.
God is a God of war. The Bible is a book of battles. The Christian life is a fight of faith.
What good or right thing are you willing to fight for?
Pray and ask your Father where you should be waging war right now.
Peace and blessings!