Manna For Today: Thursday, December 10, 2015
Living in the blessings and benefits of God requires us to understand His role and our own role in our lives. Another way of saying this is, understanding who He is must coexist with understanding who I am not.
When David says in Psalm 23, “The Lord is my Shepherd,” he lifts up these two ideas.
Note the following implications:
As my Shepherd:
• He is in control; I am not.
• He is Lord and Master; I am not.
• He is the Supplier of all my needs; I am not.
• He is the good, great and chief Shepherd; I am not.
• He is in charge of my care and keeping; I am not.
• He is the Executor of my life and death; I am not.
My care and keeping are corollary to the resources of my Caretaker.
Understanding who I am not enables me to embrace who God is and positions me to live in His blessings and benefits.
Say out loud with the above in mind, “The Lord is my Shepherd.”
Peace and blessings!