Manna For Today: Monday, January 11, 2016
There is probably no more significant quality to growing your faith than perseverance. God enables us to persevere no matter what happens. Every obstacle becomes a classroom for the believer to move the needle of growth toward greater experiences of victory in Christ.
Consider the following scriptures that aid us in our classroom during times of overcoming obstacles, difficulties, trials and tribulations:
1. Christ enables our steady pace as we walk in Him.
Romans 12:12 – Rejoice in our confident hope. Be patient in trouble, and keep on praying.
2. Perseverance is a divine privilege given to those who dare to believe!
Colossians 1:11-12 – We also pray that you will be strengthened with all his glorious power so you will have all the endurance and patience you need. May you be filled with joy, 12 always thanking the Father. He has enabled you to share in the inheritance that belongs to his people, who live in the light.
3. Timing isn’t everything but the right time is.
Galatians 6:9 – So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up.
4. Develop a clear vision of your reward so that in your most difficult times it becomes your motivation to persevere.
James 1:12 – God blesses those who patiently endure testing and temptation. Afterward they will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love him.
5. Resist weariness with every fiber of your being when it protests against doing good.
II Thessalonians 3:13 – As for the rest of you, dear brothers and sisters, never get tired of doing good.
6. The indispensable resource of prayer will see you though all that life has to offer.
Ephesians 6:18 – Pray in the Spirit at all times and on every occasion. Stay alert and be persistent in your prayers for all believers everywhere.
7. You in God and God’s Word in you are a recipe for success.
John 15:7 – But if you remain in me and my words remain in you, you may ask for anything you want, and it will be granted!
My friend, find a way to move forward every day of your life. If you are willing to take the pull God will get you through.
Peace and blessings!