Manna For Today: Tuesday, January 12, 2016
In a world filled with chaos and violence, our lives can begin to feel marred by conflict, confusion and crisis. Thank God He has given us promises of peace that surpass our understanding.
1. We will please God as we practice thinking thoughts consistent with His Word and His Will and then walk in them.
Proverbs 16:7 – When a man’s ways please the Lord, He makes even his enemies to be at peace with him.
2. Our thought-life is providing or obstructing God’s peace in our hearts and minds. What are you focused on?
Isaiah 26:3 – You will keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on You, because he trusts in You.
3. We don’t have a problem getting peace; our challenge sometimes is reflecting it.
John 14:27 – Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.
4. The very idea of peace suggests that its’ opposite is always present. We determine how we are affected by it.
John 16:33 – “These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world.”
5. Our prayerful request to our Heavenly Father (who delights in providing) with an attitude of gratitude engineers an environment that is fertile for the production of peace.
Philippians 4:6-7 – Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; 7 and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
Peace is our birthright in Christ! Adjust your thinking in such a way that Christ is superimposed on all your considerations.
Peace and blessings!