Manna For Today: Tuesday, January 19, 2016
Psalm 23 – The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want. 2 He makes me to lie down in green pastures; He leads me beside the still waters. 3 He restores my soul; He leads me in the paths of righteousness for His name’s sake. 4 Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; for You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me. 5 You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows. 6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life; and I will dwell in the house of the LORD Forever.
Mediate on these verses from Psalm 23 and draw nearer to our God today!
1. “Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; for You are with me.”
• God abates my fear and brings His light to the shadows of danger and death around my life.
2. “Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.”
• All of God’s tools of discipline and guidance are my refuge.
3. “You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies.”
• Father, you give me claws so that I climb like the leopard and feast while my enemies look on with envy.
4. “You anoint my head with oil.”
• You and You alone are my balm of healing.
5. “My cup overflows.”
• By Your grace You use me to meet the needs of others by giving me more than enough.
6. “Surely goodness and mercy will follow me all the days of my life.”
• God has my back for life!
7. “And I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.”
• Just imagine being with Him for eternity!
Peace and blessings!