Manna For Today: Tuesday, February 23, 2016
I Corinthians 16:13 – Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be courageous; be strong.
The Spirit of God informs us as to what we are to be and do in this brief scripture. Note the following are not suggestions but commands:
1. “Be on guard”
• Be watchful and alert to God’s revelations and insights. Be mindful of threatening dangers and avoid drowsiness that de-energizes your faith. Reject anxiety and fear!
2. “Stand firm in the faith”
• Be stationary, fixed and persevere as you rest in your God, staying connected to Him and finding life in Him; and be fully persuaded and confident in the truth that is the Gospel of our Lord!
3. “Be courageous”
• Move forward with maturity and the confidence of your conviction.
4. “Be strong”
• Be empowered, strengthened and strong so that your vitality in God is evident to all.
Today, allow the Spirit of God to lead you in embracing these commands for His purpose and be blessed!
Peace and blessings!