Manner for Today: Saturday, March 5, 2016
Matthew 8:23-27 – Now when He got into a boat, His disciples followed Him. 24 And suddenly a great tempest arose on the sea, so that the boat was covered with the waves. But He was asleep. 25 Then His disciples came to Him and awoke Him, saying, “Lord, save us! We are perishing!” 26 But He said to them, “Why are you fearful, O you of little faith?” Then He arose and rebuked the winds and the sea, and there was a great calm. 27 So the men marveled, saying, “Who can this be, that even the winds and the sea obey Him?”
Storms are a part of life; no one can escape them. Storms happen; many times they are predictable. Certain behaviors will guarantee storms in your life; storms are equal opportunity entities. Just like with weather all that’s needed is for the right set of circumstances to brew and ‘bam’ you get a storm.
The good news is Jesus is not just a storm chaser, He is a storm Master. The text above gives us His perspective on storms; there we find Him asleep. When awaken He was well able to silence the storm and the fears of those with limited storm management skills.
So what do we do when we find ourselves in one of the storms of life? Consider the following:
1. Know that God has spoken and will speak in and to your storms.
• He’s waiting for your agreement to what He has already said!
2. Know that God is with you!
• He’s in your boat; find him!
3. Practice His practices!
• Less of you and more of Him is what you need.
• He sleeps in storms.
• Be at peace in Him.
4. Say what God has said to your storm then listen and speak what He is saying now.
• Line your speech up with His and silence the storm.
Peace and blessings!