Manna For Today: Monday, April 25, 2016
Matthew 5:13 – You are the salt of the earth. But what good is salt if it has lost its flavor? Can you make it salty again? It will be thrown out and trampled underfoot as worthless.
Salt has played and continues to play a significant role in human culture. An analysis of salt reveals its usefulness and how God used those of us who dare to be ‘salty.’
1. It’s present in our bloodstream.
• The Bible says that Christ in us is ‘a very present help in the time of trouble.’
Psalm 46:1 – God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
2. Salt sustains life.
• Seawater supports many more organisms than fresh water.
3. Salt preserves; resisting spoilage.
• Death and destruction versus life more abundantly.
4. Salt is a great seasoning for food.
• Ask God to give you a Word in season or with seasoning.
Be ‘salty’ today and season someone’s life with His grace.
Peace and blessings!