Manna For Today: Friday, May 6, 2016
Micah 6:8 – He has shown you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justly, to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.
This scripture embodies the heart of God as it relates to how we live. In three concepts, God frames our lives in a beautifully simplistic yet powerfully dynamic way.
1. “…to do justly”
• God wants us to work, labor and toil to make or create just verdicts as they may relate to people’s lives in our context of living and to do so with a sense of ethical obligation.
• God wants us to do justice; not just talk about it or be silent; “just do it.”
2. “…to love mercy [kindness]”
• God wants us to love kindness or mercy. That is, to desire or delight in and be passionate about doing acts of kindness toward people who may not be our own family, yet we treat them as if they were.
3. “…to walk humbly”
• God wants us to live in motion and not to become stagnant. The motion, however, must consistently be toward Him in all humility. It’s the way in which we consistently build our relationship with God embodying more and more of His character. Then we will do justice, love kindness and walk humbly before our God.
Peace and blessings!