Manna For Today: Sunday, May 8, 2016
Exodus 2:2 – So the woman conceived and bore a son. And when she saw that he was a beautiful child, she hid him three months.
1. See God’s purpose and influence in your children.
• They are no accident.
2. Protect and cover your children to ensure God’s plan for them comes to fruition.
• Kick the culture and trends of the times.
Hebrews 11:23 – By faith Moses, when he was born, was hidden three months by his parents, because they saw he was a beautiful child; and they were not afraid of the king’s command.
3. See the future in what you are building for them today.
Exodus 2:3 – But when she could no longer hide him, she took an ark of bulrushes for him, daubed it with asphalt and pitch, put the child in it, and laid it in the reeds by the river’s bank.
• Hold them today in preparation for when you must let them go.
4. The spiritual life you are building for them is the ‘ark’ that will keep them in the storms of life.
• Build correctly!
Proverbs 22:6 – Train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not depart from it.
5. Mothers, at no point in the parenting journey can you allow your children’s position to obscure your vision of divine condition.
• What you give to God He will give back to you!
Exodus 2:7-9 – Then his sister said to Pharaoh’s daughter, “Shall I go and call a nurse for you from the Hebrew women, that she may nurse the child for you?” 8 And Pharaoh’s daughter said to her, “Go.” So the maiden went and called the child’s mother. 9 Then Pharaoh’s daughter said to her, “Take this child away and nurse him for me, and I will give you your wages.” So the woman took the child and nursed him.
Review these golden rules and employ them in your parenting strategy.
Peace and blessings!