Manna For Today: Sunday, May 29, 2016
Jesus is not just in the miracle business, He is the MIRACLE Himself. No matter what the doctors have said or how bad a loved one’s condition seems to be, faith moves Jesus.
Here are some observations for your considerations:
1. Make getting to Jesus your priority.
• Press through whatever obstructions to get to Him.
Mark 5:21-23 – Now when Jesus had crossed over again by boat to the other side, a great multitude gathered to Him; and He was by the sea. 22 And behold, one of the rulers of the synagogue came, Jairus by name. And when he saw Him, he fell at His feet 23 and begged Him earnestly, saying, “My little daughter lies at the point of death. Come and lay Your hands on her, that she may be healed, and she will live.”
Mark 5:27 – When she heard about Jesus, she came behind Him in the crowd and touched His garment.
2. Make your confession line up with His Word and your desire.
Mark 5:23 – “…and begged Him earnestly, saying, “My little daughter lies at the point of death. Come and lay Your hands on her, that she may be healed, and she will live.”
Mark 5:28 – For she said, “If only I may touch His clothes, I shall be made well.”
3. Know that when He says it’s over it’s over!
Mark 5:34 – And He said to her, “Daughter, your faith has made you well. Go in peace, and be healed of your affliction.”
4. No matter what, just have faith!
• Resist fear with every fiber of your being.
Mark 5:36 – As soon as Jesus heard the word that was spoken, He said to the ruler of the synagogue, “Do not be afraid; only believe.”
5. Everyone can’t go on this journey.
• Be very selective in this season about the company you keep!
Mark 5:37 – And He permitted no one to follow Him except Peter, James, and John the brother of James.
6. Create an environment conducive to divine intervention.
• You will hear from God after He’s the only voice you are listening to.
Mark 5:38-40 – Then He came to the house of the ruler of the synagogue, and saw a tumult and those who wept and wailed loudly. 39 When He came in, He said to them, “Why make this commotion and weep? The child is not dead, but sleeping.” 40 And they ridiculed Him. But when He had put them all outside, He took the father and the mother of the child, and those who were with Him, and entered where the child was lying.
7. Take hold of the Master’s hand and do what He says.
• “Hold to His hand, God’s unchanging hand; build your faith on things eternal; hold to God’s unchanging hand!”
Mark 5:41-42 – Then He took the child by the hand, and said to her, “Talitha, cumi,” which is translated, “Little girl, I say to you, arise.” 42 Immediately the girl arose and walked, for she was twelve years of age. And they were overcome with great amazement.
Peace and blessings!