Manna For Today: Sunday, July 17, 2016
The names of God provide us with a view into the character and nature of God.
Today, consider these six names of God. Think about how you have needed, or do need right now, God to be that in your life, or how one or more of these names is exactly what someone you know needs.
Read then meditate on them; embrace them all but emphasize the ones most needed. Share them with someone.
1. Jehovah Jireh – The Lord, my provider. Genesis 22
2. Jehovah Rapha – The Lord who heals (Exodus 15)
3. Jehovah Nissi – The Lord, my banner (Exodus 17)
4. Jehovah M’Kaddesh – The Lord who sanctifies (Exodus 31)
5. Jehovah Chereb – The Lord, my sword (Deuteronomy 33)
6. Jehovah Magen – The Lord, my shield (Deuteronomy 33)
These are all the ways in which God, Jehovah, loves us!
Peace and blessings!