Manna For Today: Monday, July 18, 2016
One of the most debilitating effects of a crisis is what I call the “shut down” syndrome. There is something about challenge that reaches crisis level that causes people to internalize to the point that many completely “shut down.”
People stop their normal routine and suffer from a lack of forward momentum. The benefit of moving forward on a daily basis cannot be over emphasized.
If you are in a crisis that has caused you to shut down, what I am about to share with you is of great importance and can be the difference in your outcome.
Take note of these observations that will aid you in moving forward in a crisis:
1. Your crisis has not stopped your ability to create influence.
Luke 2:52 – And Jesus increased in wisdom and stature, and in favor with God and man.
• Confess this scripture as your reality daily.
2. Your crisis has not stopped your ability to inspire trust.
Proverbs 3:5 – Trust in the LORD with all your heart; and lean not unto your own understanding.
• To harvest trust, you must sow seeds of trust.
3. Your crisis cannot shut your window of opportunity.
Romans 8:31, 37 – What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us? 37 Yet in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us.
• Sometimes what seems to be down is actually the way up.
4. Your crisis cannot stop you from ridding yourself of needless weight.
Hebrews 12:1 – Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a huge crowd of witnesses to the life of faith, let us strip off every weight that slows us down, especially the sin that so easily trips us up. And let us run with endurance the race God has set before us.
• Get ready to run the race God has set before you.
Dear friend, prepare yourself for running like you have never run before. God has great opportunities ahead of you so don’t you dare quit on Him; He will never quit on you!
Meditate on these keys and incorporate them into your daily thoughts until they are a part of your thinking.
Prepare yourself for a wonderful ride with God!
Peace and blessings!