Manna For Today: Wednesday, August 10, 2016
Isaiah 41:10 – Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, yes, I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.
One of the ways in which the enemy will attack us is through the use of fear. He wants to manipulate your perception of your circumstances. He knows that outcome is established at the moment of perception.
Thank God we have, through His Word, an antidote to fear. Consider the text above.
1. “Fear not” – fear is a decision just like courage is and, like courage, you make it in real time. It’s a response to a perceived threat but you can, right now, decide to be courageous in your God.
• Just do it.
2. Know that you’re not alone, God is your God and is with you right now so you have a reason to be encouraged; “for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God.”
3. “I will strengthen you” (make you strong).
4. “I will help you” (protect, surround and comfort you).
5. “I will uphold you” (to maintain you, keep you close, retain you and enable you).
II Timothy 1:7 – For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a self-control.
Meditate on that today and share with someone your decision to take courage instead of fear.
Peace and blessings!