Manna For Today: Sunday, November 6, 2016
In life there will be seasons that are filled with the kind of issues that drain your resource reservoir for managing them.
These may be seasons where weariness is staring you in the face every morning you awake. Before you can plan your day; before even your first good morning, weariness invites you to put on its dreadful mask and advertise its presence.
It urges you to go with the flow and join countless numbers of others who have given in to weariness’ request and have taken on its weighty burden. We can carry its burden to work, business, academic pursuits or even to leisure activities.
Hebrews warns us to “lay aside every weight…” It seems that God’s design for us is not that we be weighted down; His burden is light.
Galatians 6:9 speaks directly to the weariness issue and offers resolve that releases us from this heaviness [And let us not grow weary while doing good, for in due season we shall reap if we do not lose heart].
1. Find what is good and do it.
“And let us not grow weary while doing good.”
• Don’t allow the presence of weariness to change your good to bad.
2. Seasons always change.
“For in due season…”
• No season gets to stay forever.
• Seasons are appointed time.
3. Make ready for your harvest.
“We shall reap…”
• There is no question about it, God has a season of harvest for you.
• Be sure you are sowing what you want to harvest.
4. Arrest the spirit of weariness before it gets to your heart.
“…if we do not lose heart.”
• Guard your heart with all diligence for out of it flows the sustenance of life.
Dear friend, ask God to help you find the good you could be doing now and get busy doing it. Your good deed is the seed that will bring you a harvest in your time of need.
Peace and blessings!