Manna For Today: April 15, 2017
John 12:32 – “And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me.”
“If I be…”
Jesus teaches us many things in His last days here on earth. These three words (“If I be”), though no more than two letters, are great in their capacity to instruct us.
1. The ‘ifs’ in life stand at the door of ‘do I’ or ‘do I not’ to the will of God.
• Jesus, in these final days of physical life on earth, is confronted with the ‘ifs’ of life.
• “My Father, if it’s possible, may this cup be taken from me.”
• We, like Christ, must ultimately surrender to the will of God; “yet not as I will but as You will.”
2. The ‘I’ in life is a resolved focus and commitment to God’s plan with a view of outcome or result.
• God’s will, in many instances, gives us focus, outcome or result but we must have the personal resolve that what God desires is what we desire.
3. The ‘be’ in life is God’s ultimate goal for us.
• God is more interested in our being than our doing.
• When we find ourselves doing more than we are being, we may be out of God’s will and soon will hit the wall we call ‘burnout.’
So when you are having a tough weekend:
We surrender our will to His.
• Resolve to have His planned outcome.
• Focus more on being than doing.
Remember, you are loved!
Peace and blessings!