Manna For Today: Thursday, June 22, 2017
Galatians 6:9 – So let us not become tired of doing good; for if we do not give up, the time will come when we will reap the harvest.
• At age 7, his family lost their home.
• At 9, his mother died.
• At 22, he lost his job as a store clerk.
• At 23, he went into partnership in a small store and 3 years later was saddled with huge debt after the death of his partner.
• At 28, after 4 years of dating, he asked the young lady to marry him and she said no.
• At 37, on his 3rd try, he was finally elected to Congress.
• Two years later, he had a nervous breakdown.
• At 41, now unhappily married, he lost his 4 year old son to an illness.
• The next year, he ran for land officer and lost.
• At 45, he ran for the Senate and lost.
• A few years later, he ran for Vice Presidency and lost.
• At 51, he was elected President of the United States of America.
He kept going in spite of the continuous failures and became, what history has reported, the greatest President ever. His name is Abraham Lincoln.
Failing isn’t the worst thing that could happen to you. Get up and get busy!
Remember, you are loved!
Peace and blessings!